What would you do to raise money for LMS research?
Would you eat a gross cupcake on a dare?
Watch LMSDR’s President take the first bite!
(WARNING: Prepare for belly laughs!)
TAKE THE CHALLENGE!
Put FUN back in FUNdraising and raise an enormous amount of donations for LMS research!
Ask your Facebook friends to pledge a donation to LMSDR and you will eat a gross cupcake and put the video up for them to watch on a specific date.
They can make a donation on your Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/help/990087377765844 or you can set up a Crowdrise page https://www.crowdrise.com/ . Set a goal of how much you think you can raise. People like to help reach goals.
On your specified day…
- Have a friend make a mystery gross (but edible) cupcake for you.
- Video you eating the cupcake. Ham it up! Buckets and a glass of water are allowed. You must eat the entire cupcake. Hey, it’s for a great cause!
- Post your video on Facebook. Don’t forget to post it to the LMSDR Facebook Group too.
Get creative! Have the entire family eat a gross cupcake together or eat it without hands… the funnier, the better.
Examples of what to put inside the cupcakes are: Sour pickles, hot red chili peppers, a raw egg, unripe persimmon, raw lemon, cooked spinach, rotten banana, cat food…. or top it with gobs mayo or horseradish with anchovies on top. We can’t wait to see what you get!
- Bandana Days – giving out hair scarves for donations to show support of a teacher.
- Facebook Fundraisers – celebrate a birthday, holiday or canceraniversary.
- Concerts – performers donate all ticket proceeds.
- Rummage sales – organize a few households to clear out their unwanted items.
- Benefits – throw a party and donate ticket proceeds.
- Ribbons – give out LMSdr ribbons/cards for your birthday or to celebrate your annual survivorship.
- Services – do you know someone who will give a class, haircuts, manicures, childcare or other services for a donation?
- Restaurants – ask a restaurant to donate a percentage of each meal for LMS research.
- Scavenger Hunts – organize a neighborhood contest with a participation fee.
- Block Parties – sell food or host a booth to raise money.